Teso Women Development Enterprise is a community based organisation founded in 2008 to promote sustainable community development initiatives. We believe that everyone has a right to live a quality and dignified life. Our vision is a just and sustainable world where everyone lives in dignity. Our mission is to empower women and other vulnerable groups with knowledge, skills and technologies for sustainable social and economic development. We believe in the power of education to transform lives and livelihoods. We endeavor to achieve the following strategic objectives: –
1. To provide quality education to vulnerable and less fortunate children to enable them exploit their full potential
2. To provide vocational training and entrepreneurship education to women and other vulnerable groups for self-reliance.
3. To empower small holder farmers with knowledge, skills and technologies for sustainable livelihood.
4. To integrate environmental protection and biodiversity conservation in livelihood support interventions
5. To promote gender equality and empowerment for marginalized groups.
6. To provide safe shelter, clean water and descent toilets to disadvantaged groups
7. To strengthen institutional capacity of women’s and farmers’ groups and associations
OUR CORE VALUES
We believe that real change comes through education and empowerment for self-sufficiency; We aim at excellence and value for money; We promote transparency and to demonstrate impactful outcomes in our interventions; We treasure teamwork and our relationships with beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and partners. For Us, Every Penny Counts. We cherish our stewardship responsibility of ensuring that every penny or tool donated to us is spent or utilized as planned. This is our promise.
Wounty, Serere District in Eastern Uganda